About Tyler Reese
Tyler Reese is a contemporary instrumental jazz fusion guitar virtuoso with extensive experience in live performance, writing, production, studio, and session work. Tyler has performed as Lead Guitarist for numerous groups in the genres of country, rock, metal, pop, Americana, R/B, and jazz.
- Currently a studio and live musician in Nashville, TN, where he is performing regularly and working on “Reminiscence,” his next Contemporary Instrumental LP.
- Plays guitar, piano, and sax.
- Played with Prince, Craig Morgan, Billy Davis (Alabama, Rocket City), Gary Grainger (John Scofield, Acoustic Alchemy), Greg Grainger (Acoustic Alchemy), Kevin Walker (Justin Timberlake, Prince), Ernie Isley (Isley Brothers), and Toby Fairchild (Keller Williams). Performed privately for artists such as Teddy Gentry.
- Opened for Scotty McCreery, Joel Crouse, Bo Bice, Martin Sexton, Ron Holloway, and Linwood Taylor.
- Participated in numerous showcase events and festivals including The Listening Room, Celebrate Virginia, Fontanel, Loretta Lynn’s Ranch, the IEBA, Wild Horse, 5th and Porter, Tin Pan South, the Friars Club in New York City, and the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Featured in numerous publications, radio tours, television spots, including “featured artist of the week” for Underground Artists Live out of New York.
- Studied Classical Piano age 3 – 18, studied Jazz Guitar since age 13
- Studied Jazz Performance Guitar at the Berklee College of Music
- Studied with Pat Metheny.
- National Guitar Workshop competition winner, April of 2011.
- Reminiscence – Fourth full length CD – Currently in final stages of production. Original contemporary jazz with aspects of smooth and experimental jazz, fusion, rock, and orchestral; written exclusively by Tyler Reese and produced by Jeff Silverman and Tyler Reese.
- Life in 20 – Third full length CD, June 2014 – Co-written with Elisa Dease (Fiorillo), back-up singer for rock/pop legend, Prince; Produced by Jeff Silverman, Co-writer, Producer and Guitarist for Rick Springfield, including working on his most recent album “Rocket Science.”
- Simply To Choose II – Single – September 2013 – Released a single he wrote. Produced by Jeff Silverman and Tyler Reese and featuring BOSTON’s Kimberley Dahme on vocals
- Because I Can – Second full length CD, 2011 – A series of contemporary arrangements of traditional jazz standards with aspects of funk, rock, and blues.
- Risus 21 – First full length CD, 2010 – An exploration of progressive rock with dark, heavy riffs and a lot of high energy guitar.